"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free." Galatians 5:1
At the beginning of the year, Pastor Carlos called the church to 21 days of prayer and fasting. No matter what time of the year you are reading this in 2018, take 21 days to pray and fast and seek The Lord!
WHAT IS FASTING?
Fasting is a specific time when we put aside food in order to seek God more fully. It will increase your spiritual hunger, break strongholds, feed faith & open you to the Spirit’s work.
TYPES OF FASTING
Full Fast: Drink only water
Partial Fast: A partial fast is from 6:00 am to 3:00 pm or from sun-up to sundown. You can select from three types of fasting — a Full Fast, Daniel Fast or give up one item of food.
The Daniel Fast: Eat no meat, no sweets
Media Fast: Refrain from TV and movies, social media and other forms of media entertainment.
21 DAILY PRAYERS
1. God break up the hard areas in my heart and let me walk in freedom.
2. I surrender my life to what you want to do in and through me.
3. I am open to you coming into my life in a fresh and powerful way.
4. God, your presence is here...let me recognize you.
5. Like King David, let my heart match your heart.
6. I will not interrupt your lessons and will gladly receive from you.
7. Lord, help me find your hidden treasures. Reveal them to me.
8. Lord, help me break free of my past once and for all.
9. Today I sever the past from my life and discard it.
10. I declare that my past does not determine my future.
11. I renounce bitterness that keeps me from loving you and others.
12. I grant forgiveness to anyone who has harmed me or let me down.
13. Guide my heart to anticipate you moving in my life.
14. Let your will be done in me today...and every day.
16. I fix my attention on your plans and will for me.
17. I accept your invitation to partner in reaching out to my friends.
18. I receive your amazing peace in my life.
19. I am part of a church that expects God to move.
20. I hold fast to Jesus no matter the circumstances.
21. I have full confidence that you will keep your promises.