And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God. - Micah 6:8
Haiti is a study in contrast—breath-taking beauty, warm people
Since 2010, step by careful step we’ve laid a foundation of relationships and trust. We’ve had successes and setbacks. We’ve had our hearts smote with love and broken by loss. That’s the nature of this kind of work. And yet we do not lose heart, because He who called us is faithful and will finish the work He’s begun in/through us. We’re committed to touching all of Haiti one life at a time, and we’re seeing true change as Jesus transforms lives.
We are bringing the love & hope of Jesus by:
- Planting Churches - doing training, evangelism
anddiscipleship, and helping pastors to move away from a traditional missions mentality that fosters dependence.
- Training leaders to lead like Jesus - as servant leaders. Raising up a new generation of leaders with biblical values in a country where power and corruption are the
- Rescuing the at-risk - helping
re-unitefamilies, helping with schooling, etc. for those in deep poverty.
- Doing biblical business training and helping to start businesses - breaking mentalities of hopelessness, dependency
andcorruption. Haitians are intelligent, resourceful and hard-working - often all they need are some tools, training, and hope.
visitHaiti several times a year. So we welcome people who will go, or pray, or give to make this possible.
- We are a generous church, as well as a fiscally accountable one - and funds that come in are used 100% to support projects and ministry in Haiti.
- Volunteers who want to help with administrative and organizational tasks are always a gift!
For more information, email Tami Firman, East River Missions Pastor at
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And by the grace of God, I will. - Edward Everett Hale